22.4.12

FROM ALESSANDRA.

Received from Alessandra in Italy, April the 13.

I have got a letter full of Spring, thanks to Alessandra.
Alessandra is a woman of many talents. She is a freelance stylist and journalist and have the most amazing blog; Design your life. I love following it, as the photos of her HARU is so beautiful and fragile in the same time.

If you are interested you can find Alessandra's beautiful items on her etsy shop. This is what she writes:
"This is a little place where you can find pretty and lovely things: buttons, vintage treasures, jewels, greeting cards and other handmade things. ▲ NOW ON SALE: a little selection of vintage jewelry; accessories and pincushions handmade with new, vintage and second-hand fabrics, hand crocheted jewels, vintage buttons. ▲ COMING SOON: others vintage necklaces and buttons garlands".

I have just come across the design files blog where Alessandra have been a guest blogger last year during the Milan Design Week; Walking through Milan. It is such a wonderful blogpost. Love it!
My pretty letter full of Spring.
Alessandra wrotes me the most nice letter, on a brown piece of paper. Here in Denmark we call it  "kardus papir". They way the whole letter is put together is very nice and I like this kind of old fashion way in a new way.

She likes: nordic europe - snow - dried leafs - japan - analogic photos - polaroid's - flowers and spring - handmade jewels - vintage button's - looms - origami - old typewriter's - cherry blossom - haiku - cappuccino - recycled paper - have a dinner with friends - travelling - textiles and fabrics - vintage - walk with nude feet - winter sea - sewing - chigno's - music - basic clothes - my daughter anna - my fiancè luca - design - creme fraiche - handmade bread
Old vintage buttons. On one side is mother of pearl and on the other side there is a little touch of green.
An old thimble with flowers together with two tiny button's.
My own polaroid HARU photo. So fragile.

Dear Alessandra, I want to thank you for your pretty letter. Instead of hanging something from your letter in my studio, I am going to sew your beautiful vintage button's onto a cardigan I have, as I really adore these mother of pearl button's.

No comments:

Post a Comment