26.7.12

FROM EMILY.

Received from Emily in Australia, July 2012.
Emily wrote and asked me if she could join my textile letters. She loves all sort of vintage items; from postcards to buttons to old clothes sewn into something new.
The whole letter from Emily.
Small pom poms put on a string. Perhaps for sewing onto a furniture.
I'm in love with the vintage postcards Emily have send me. This one is a little bit special, when turning it around I saw it was from Helsingør, here in Denmark. So in a way, this postcard have found it's way home again.
Emily have a button collection and the one she has send me is so fantastic. They are full of texture.
The patchwork in hexagonal are pieces Emily's Grandmother were going to make into a blanket. They are out of vintage materials, leftovers from the clothes her Grandmother made for her mother when she was a little girl. I feel so special that she has send them to me.

Dear Emily, thank you so much for your lovely letter. The buttons will soon be hanging in my studio.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it :-D thanks for letting me be a part of the project!

    ReplyDelete