I can't remember exactly anymore how I met Graciela. I think she wrote me after looking at my blog, as we have the same interest for gauze.
Graciela is also interested in sprang and have her own group on flickr. Besides this you can see and read about her projects on her blog and on weavolution.
When I came back from my trip to Peru a beautiful letter were waiting for me.
Graciela sended me the most fine fingermanipulated sample in gauze.
I love the details. Here you can see the very simple gauze, which I call a plain leno together with the more complex gauze. So pretty.
A little copy of the sample used as stationery.
Graciela's grandson Alejo at the age of 8, also wanted to send me something. He made me this very nice drawing. So sweet.
In the letter there were two nice catalogs of Textiles andinos and a cd with photos from two visits at museums; Museo La Plata and Museo de Bellas Artes.This string from Museo La Plata is amazing. I have seen a few in Peru too. My husband have told me that the Inkas used these to protect themselves. I wish I had one of my own. So beautiful.
Two photos of textiles from Museo La Plata.
Graciela, I want to thank you for the lovely letter you sended me and also for the links you often mail me about classes, exhibitions and information about gauze.
I hope one day when I travel to Peru we will meet.








No comments:
Post a Comment