19.6.12

FROM MONIKA,

Received from Monika in Scotland, June 2012.

In the beginning of June I received the most amazing natural textile letter from Monika. I have got to know Monika through her flickr red2white, but she also have a very nice blog. Monika comes from Slovakia, but lives with her husband and two children in Inverness. When Monika moved to Great Britain she learned to felt. She loves the process of the raw wool when it is transformed into a cloth. She likes cloth a lot and see felt just as one out of many.
If you want to purchase some of Monika's felted wool, you can do it here.
The full textile letter, all natural.
Homespun yarns made by Monika in naturally wool colors. So beautiful and full of texture.
I’m not sure what this is, it is very fragile. I’m so much in love with the structures, surfaces and colors.
A cloth of patcwork, where different kinds of fabrics have been sewn together. On top an eucaluptos leaves. The detail of the printed is so rich and full of details in the colors.
A little book with different kinds of wool felted. Each one gives a new expression.

Dear Monika, thank you so much for this so pretty and beautiful letter. The small fragile pieces will soon be hanging in my studio.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Karina, I am glad you have found the content interesting. The small pieces are lichen on the right, shiny rock and mica, very fregile rock which consists of layers, it's what makes the middle stone shiny too. Warm greetings from Scotland, Monika

    ReplyDelete