Received from Lotte -Belle Fleur de Lis in Belgium, June 2012.
I have been patience for a long time and finally my letter from Lotte have arrived, and I'm so happy. The waiting time was so worth it.
Lotte is an amazing young woman. She is right now attending bobbinlace classes, hoping one day to become a teacher in this amazing technique. Her wonderful blog Belle Fleur de Lis is so fragile and pretty. Lotte combine her love for flowers, crochet and lace in this blog with the most stunning photos. I so much love it.
When opening the letter from Lotte, it took my breath away. She has made this, oh so beautiful package full of treasuries. I feel so special.
Lotte have made this doily which were going to be part of her Crochet Treasuries. The yarns she has used is a little crispy to the touch, and it gives a nice tactilily.
An old doily she has thrifted from a second hand shop in Antwerp, her favorite city.
Beautiful pressed flowers. The red Astrantia Major to the left is one of my favorites. In Denmark it's called Stjerneskærm. I so much like this name as Stjerne is a Star.
This doily is not so big. It is made of a combination of a glimmer /glitter yarn together with the light pink. So pretty.
Some of Lottes pretty photos. If you want to follow Lottes process of her flower inspiration into her crochet and bobbinlace work, please visit her flickr.
Lotte have also send me some of her more woolen crochet work, which is part of her pattern research.
The colors and the wool is a good combination.
Dear Lotte, I want to thank you for your amazing textile letter to me. The little glimmer /glitter doily is hanging in my studio together with the pressed flowers. And the doily you have made specially for me is in my home.
Thanks to you, I have signed-up for a bobbinlace class. I feel so happy.
thank you so much for your beautiful words about my work!
ReplyDeletethe white little flowers are called Gypsohila
much love!
wow, what a lovely package x
ReplyDeletelovely package for a lovely girl! - such a beautiful blog too! x
ReplyDeleteSuch fantastic things. Lotte is so talented and I love her blog too.
ReplyDelete